Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
In the mood for pumpkin or chocolate? How about both! This soft chocolaty cookie will satisfy your sweet tooth with the deliciousness hint of pumpkin & spices. A great holiday gift for neighbors and friends! Or simply a delectable treat to enjoy this holiday season.
- Makes about 24 cookies
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (1 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Nonstick cooking spray or parchment paper
Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheets with nonstick spray or line them with parchment paper.
Whisk or beat the butter until smooth. Gradually beat in the white and brown sugars, until the mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then mix in the vanilla and pumpkin puree. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Slowly beat the flour mixture into the batter. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Scoop the cookie dough by heaping a tablespoons onto the prepared cookie sheets and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the cookies are browned around the edges. Remove the cookie let them rest for a couple of minutes. Then cool them on the wire racks.