This dish is for the adventurous palates.This is one of our favorite Dipping Sauce, but we must warn you about the main secret ingredients that might deter people from making this recipe. My Siblings named it "HEAVEN Sauce". Although it might sound like a "BIZARRE FOOD", however, the end result is simple SCRUMPTIOUS! This dish require more work but it well be worth the wait with the results. This sauce works excellent with Steak or grilled beef tongue.
Heaven Sauce (Tirk Prohok)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh fine minced gangala
- 1 cup of very fine minced lemon grass
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, about 5 to 6 cloves
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of MSG
- 5 to 6 tablespoons of fermented fish paste
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of sugar
- a handful of mint leaves
- a handful of basil leaves
- 5 Thai eggplants, sliced and seeded
- 6 Thai chili peppers (red and green)
- 1 tablespoons of lime zest
- 6 to 7 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 1 lime juice
- Prepare the Thai eggplants by Slicing it thinly,seeded and soak it in a Ice water bath ( about 2 cups of ice and 5 cups of water). Let it soak until it's ready to be added into the fish paste. This way it will not brown the eggplants.
START by adding the fermented fish paste on large chopped board. Add in the fresh minced Gangala, Lemon grass, garlic, Thai chili peppers, kaffir lime leaves, mix and chopped into the fish paste (about 5 to 6 times). Next, gradually chop in the mint, basil leaves, and the Thai eggplants. Follow by the lemon zest, MSG and sugar. Chop and mix everything thoroughly.
- Add about 2 to 3 tablespoons of hot water and a squeeze of lime juice. Stir in extra sugar and MSG to your preferences. Works well as a side to steaks other adventurous meats such as beef tongue and etc. Garnish with fresh Herbs (mints, basil leaves etc.), Sliced cucumbers or any favorite fresh Veggies. Store the rest in a plastic or jar in the refrigerator. It can be stored for 2 or 3 months.