Beef skewers is very popular in Asia. The authentic recipes is a little bit more complex. But out come result of this appetizer is very scrumptious! With all the flavors of the ingredients combined, your taste bud will surely thank you!
- 2 to 3lb. of beef (round-tip) sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons ginger powder
- 1 cup of finely chopped lemon grass
- 5 to 6 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- 3 soaked (dried) Mexican Chili pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 a package of Coconut Powder
- 1 table spoons of salt
- 3 table spoons of granulated chicken stock
- 3 teaspoons of MSG
- 2 table spoons of ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1 cup of water or chicken stock (omit the granulate)
- Bamboo Skewers soaked in warm water
- Mortar & pestle
Brands I use:Chaokoh Coconut Milk Powder 60g. [Pack of 3]
Herb-Ox Bouillon Packets Chicken Instant Broth & Seasoning Sodium Free 1.2 oz Box (Gluten Free)
Chile Guajillo - Mexican Guajillo Peppers - 1 Lb Resealable Bag - Casa Ruiz Brand - Dried Whole Mirasol Chili Pods - Mild to Medium Heat - Sweet Spicy Tangy Fruity Pleasant Flavor -Mexicano Travieso
We recommend using a mortar to grind all the spices together because it brings out the natural oils of all the ingredients and oil or water is not needed.
Combine the ground ginger, lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves and add water. Then add salt, Coconut powder, ground black peppers, olive oil and MSG or alternative. In a mortar add the garlic, soaked paprika peppers, mash until it becomes pasty.
Pour mixture over the sliced beef. Then add in the honey. Mix the ingredients well.
Mix well and skewered the meat on the the bamboo skewers and marinade it for at least an hour.