CHICKEN HERB SALAD
This dish is for the adventurous palates.This is one of our favorite salad dish, but we must warn you about the main secret ingredients that might deter people from cooking this recipe. However, the end result is simple SCRUMPTIOUS! This dish require more work but it well be worth the wait with the results.
- 2 coarsely minced chicken breast or any lean meat
- 1 tablespoon of fresh fine minced gangala
- 1 tablespoon of fresh fine minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup of very fine minced lemon grass
- 1 cup of sugar snap peas ( julienne style)
- 2 sliced thinly pearl onions
- half cup of thinly sliced onion
2 teaspoons of MSG or Substitute 2 table spoons of granulated chicken bouillon
1 teaspoon of kosher sea salt
2 teaspoon of sugar
2 chopped red peppers
1/3 cup of fermented fish paste ( mix 1 table spoon paste with 3 table spoon boiled water)
1/3 cup of chopped green onions
1/3 cup of water
Note: 2 to 3 teaspoons of fish sauce can be substituted instead of fermented fish.
FINISH off with..
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 juice of fresh squeezed lime
- 2 handful of mint leaves
- mint leaves
- 1 sliced cucumbers
- a quarter of one cabbage
In a large pot, add water, oil, meat, garlic, herbs, spices and until meat is cooked half way. Then add onions, and snap peas until meat cooks thoroughly. Take off the heat stir in green onions, red peppers and fermented fish paste. Add mint leaves, lemon juice and mix a couple more times. Serve with a side of cucumbers, cabbage and garnish with mints(optional).