Savory Meat Loaf
What's for dinner? Here's an idea! How about a delicious savory meat loaf. This meaty dish will satisfy that growling stomach that's been aching to be filled. This main dish goes well with a side of mouthwatering garlic mash potatoes .
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage leaves or 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 3 slices bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons ketchup or BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup, chili sauce or barbecue sauce
Heat oven to 350°F.
Mix all ingredients except ketchup. Spread mixture in a loaf pan ( use about 3 slices of dried bread on the bottom of pan to absorb the juices) , shape into 9 x 5 -inch loaf in a rectangular pan. Spread ketchup over top. Bake uncovered 1 hour to or until thermometer reads 160°F. Serve with a side garlic mash potatoes.