Imagine a room smelling like Christmas! The sweet aroma filled in the air by the peppermint and chocolate brownie baking in the oven. It's also a perfect dessert to serve at Christmas parties or after dinner meals. Also, this peppermint bark brownie is a great dessert to serve with coffee or tea.
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 4 table spoons of brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted sweeten butter
- 3 table spoons of heavy cream
- Grease or spray a 9 inch cake pan
- Or a brownie pan
- Crushed coarsely peppermint candy
- 1/2 cup semi dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- About 4 tablespoons of dark chocolate icing
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
In a small bowl, Sift the flour,baking soda,baking powder, salt, sugar and brown sugar. Mix it well.
Using a double boiler, it's basically a small to medium size pot with about 1/4 of water and a glass bowl. Boil the water until it starts to steam, then lower the heat to a simmer. Place the bowl on the pot and add the unsalted butter. Once the butter is melted, add the semi-chocolate chips. Stir until the chocolate chips starts to melt, gradually add in the heavy cream. Once everything melts and well blended, set a side to cool off.
Once the chocolate cools of, add the dry mixture to the chocolate mixture. Mix well, then add the egg and peppermint extract. Mix everything well. Bake about 15 - 20 minute or until tooth pick comes out clean.
Remove the brownie and let it cool off completely for about 30 to 45 minutes.